Treasures

Monday, June 18, 2012


I had the pleasure of being invited to an Etsy event to represent Ditty Drops at the gorgeous Olana Historical Site in Hudson, New York this past Saturday, and while I was in Hudson I picked up a few goodies for myself.


Hudson is a great little town just north of NYC with a wide variety of vintage & antique shops, trendy boutiques & bookshops, as well as cafes, restaurants & the oh so trendy food trucks.. geez those food trucks are great. 

My friend Thea who accompanied me on this journey is a doll and sneaked a little purchase for me a local vintage jewelry shop, check out those great cast curbchain clips! I have so many ideas in mind for these beauties, but first I think I am going to rock them out on the shoulders of a pastel colored tank.


We swung by a new shop in town shop adoringly called Megagem (facebook). Boasting a well curated collection of tye dyed T's & embroidered cut-off shorts, terrariums & herbal concoctions, handmade pillows & leather satchels just to name a few 'gems' you'll find. If you are in the area you simply must stop in, and the owner Margot is a sweetheart. I treated myself to some mega minty lip balm, and oh so herby smelling hand salve by Good Fight Herb Co (facebook) This stuff is great, I know these two items are only the beginning of what is sure to be a collection of Good Fight products. 


We lucked out on our visit as Megagem was hosting a lil soiree when we stopped by, and we were introduced to cool treasure hunter Sara of Luxxor Vintage. She had SO many amazing pieces, but I spotted an amazing faux cameo locket pendent that I was not about to leave without. I had a great super long gold rope chain in my jewelry stash that compliments the pendent perfectly, don't you think? 


I also had to introduce you all to this great watch that my mom gave me the other day.  I mentioned in passing that I've been dying for a gold toned vintage lady like watch. I was floored when she said she actually had one that I could have, it was hers in from the late 70's/80's! I am smitten, its so perfect!!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ditty Drops All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger